2011年7月31日星期日

A short description and review of the brush I used.

ecotools powder brush, ecotools blush brush, fake 187

ecotools powder brush
It’s a huge fluffy brush with soft synthetic hair. I haven’t tried such a soft brush before. It’s perfect for applying loose powder. Perhaps you can use it as a blush brush, but I think it’s a bit too large for that and too soft.

ecotools blush brush (must have!)
This one is also made of synthetic hair, but, as I mentioned above – they’re SO soft. It’s perfect for applying blush. I use it for soft or solid blushes. It’s really great for every blush I own.

Fake 187 (must have!)
This is one of the most popular brushes or at least I got that impression. The great thing about this brush is that you can use it for applying everything you want – loose powder, liquid foundation or blush. I haven’t tried applying loose powder with it, but I think it would be good for that too.
Applying liquid foundation with this brush is taking a whole new dimension – you get to know the true meaning of the words Photoshop effect. Your face does look as it got off a magazine cover.   I love applying highly pigmented with this brush because you can control how strong the blush will look on your face.

Coastal scents large foundation brush, ecotools foundation brush, ecotools concealer brush

Coastal Scents large foundation brush – flat (must have!)
This brush is quite huge and has a long handle. I was surprised when I got it, didn’t expect it would be *that* large, lol. It’s flat, with synthetic hair which are just the way they should be – not too soft for applying foundation. I apply my liquid foundation by tapping with it on the face and after I’ve done that I simply spread the foundation equally all over my face. It doesn’t absorb too much of foundation like some brushes do.

ecotools foundation brush
This brush is quite small in compare with Coastal Scents large foundation brush. I don’t use it for applying makeup; I sometimes use it to fix already applied foundation. I figured this brush is too small for my taste and it absorbs too much foundation while used. It has dense synthetic hair which are soft but firm since the bristles are shorter than the brush above this one.

ecotools concealer brush (must have!)
Perfect for applying either liquid or stock concealer. It’s quite firm though the bristles are gentle and soft. I also use it for applying eyeshadows, I found it’s perfect for that too.

kabuki, buffer četka

MAD Minerals kabuki brush (must have!)
I’ve been using this kabuki brush for over that a year and a half and during that time it lost only 4 hair. It’s indeed long lasting kabuki brush, worth every penny. I use it for applying my mineral foundation or to smudge my liquid foundation as the last step in applying liquid foundation.
The bristles are small, and this brush is also called baby kabuki brush but it’s easy for use and I think anyone should have at least one kabuki brush. I find it very useful.

Coastal scents synthetic wide buffer brush (must have!)
Since I got this brush I barely use my kabuki brush!  I use it to apply loose powder or mineral foundation. The fact it’s wide and flat makes it much easier for use and much efficient. I think I’ll order another one.
It has synthetic hair which are soft and perfect for nicely applied loose  or compact powder.

coastal scents blending brush, ecotools angled brush, painting brushes


Coastal scents blending brush (must have!)
You don’t have to have this particular blush, but you *must* have a blending brush. These brushes are soft and somehow fluffy but at the same time firm which is important for blending. If you use eyeshadows rare or on regular basis, you must have this brush.

ecotools angled brush (must have!)
I’ve already mentioned this brush here and here and I don’t have anything else to add so please read my previous posts.

Painting brushes
These aren’t makeup brushes, but I use them for certain details either eye or face details. I bought them here; they are synthetic and firm enough for details.

How do I clean my brushes?
Liquid soap, baby bath or anything else you think is suitable for cleaning your brushes. I use liquid soap and mild water and that’s it. The only brush I clean with my waterproof makeup remover is my angled brush which I use for gel liners (they’re waterproof).

How often do I have to clean my brushes?
It depends on how often do you use your brushes. I have few foundation/blush/angled/eyeshadow brushes so I never clean them immediately after I use them. I usually clean them once in two weeks or so. I do clean my sponge applicators after each use.

How do I dry my brushes?
After I wash them, I put them horizontally on a towel and let them dry completely. Don’t put them vertically because the water will get into brush handle which will cause the hair to fall out.

1 条评论: