2011年3月15日星期二

Benefits of the Sponge Applicator

A fellow newbie and I were discussing something very instrumental to makeup application. The sponge applicator! We got into this bronzed spat about the brush and the sponge applicators.
 
A true newbie doesn’t make much of a distinction between the two. A great deal of us are a step up from using our fingers to apply eye shadow. And don’t act like you didn’t do it.
 
But really….which gives better color pay off? Applying eye shadow with a makeup brush or sponge applicator?
 
Now the newbie who thinks she knows something would say, “The brush of course,” And while I can’t deny the majestic wonders of blending brushes and angled brushes, we can’t neglect some of the pretty nifty tricks that the sponge applicator provides.
 
Oh yes girl…I’m not even playing. I know you thought that it was the epitome of newbism but I have found that the sponge tip applicator can deliver exceptional color payoff for pigments and eye shadows.
 
Say you want a very vibrant look. I mean, so vibrant that people can see the detail on your lids in a dark club. Your pal, the sponge tip applicator is a pro at allowing you to pack on color. And when I say pack, try wetting it just a bit and dabbing color continuously in the same area. A makeup brush, of course, can do the same thing but not to the magnitude that a sponge can.
 
Please note that my implications are not that sponge applicators are better than brushes, just that they too have beneficial uses.
 
But is this just me? How do you feel about using sponge applicators? Please tell me your views!

没有评论:

发表评论